<div style='background-color: none transparent;'></div>
Home » » To PA and Back

To PA and Back


Last week I went to Portland for a few days, not as long as I had wanted to, but I guess it will have to suffice. It was good going back to the hometown after some seven months, wow that's a long time! You see, I don't go to Port Antonio anymore, as my parents have migrated. So I pretty much don't have that compelling reason to go anymore. I do miss the lush green of Portland, the sudden bursts of torrential rain, the beautiful white sand beaches, and the clean country air. But I guess not enjoying it as frequently as I used to makes it so much more special.

One thing I must admit though, the road to Port Antonio nuh pretty at all, arguably it's the wost road in Jamaica! It is even worse than before now that they are building a highway from Ocho Rios in St. Ann to Port Antonio. I guess I can't complain, at least it will be good one day. The construction is slated to be completed in a 2008, but yuh know how it go inna Jamaica, add four more years to that! But the treacherous journey was well worth taking, as I had a wonderful time in Portland. I went to Bonnie View hotel, not a hotel anymore, and enjoyed the breathtaking view of Port Antonio (captured above by my Kodak Z650). then it was off to Frenchman's Cove and had a whale of a time on the beach and also in the freezing water of the river that flows into the sea at one end of the beach. I have posted a few of the many photos I took while I was there on Exotic Island Photos. My trip to PA was great, like an escape to paradise.

Now I'm back in Kingston and back at work, and soon I'll be back in school. Damn it, reality just have a sudden way of ra.. kicking you in the ass! But such is life, the most we can do is cherish these short moments of pleasure until the next break from the harsh realities of life comes around again. No resolutions for the New Year, just goals I hope to accomplish, and dreams that I want to come true, so I'll be praying for the health and strength from God to carry me through another eleven plus months.
Share this article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. stunners-aff . All Rights Reserved
Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Advertise with Us | Site map
Template Modify by Creating Website. Inpire by Darkmatter Rockettheme Proudly powered by Blogger